only are the Squirrels getting Frisky out there , but
the Hoops action is picking up with March Madness
in full swing at the college level !
Yes...Kathy and I have our picks set in the Brew City
Madness group of individuals ...Kathy has Indiana and I picked
Louisville at the end , She is taking a differant route
there by picking more Underdogs - and I go with the
favorites . We'll see ....BIG $$ talking here !!
Jacob and Owen are doing fine (.except maybe when
they're teething ) , and they had big fun in the snow
this winter
![]() |
| Kevin and Jacob |
![]() |
| Tom and Owen |
....and plenty of warm-weather action on it's way !
Speaking of fun , Kathy and I recently went to the
High School National Finals for the Rube Goldberg
Device competition ....where enthusiastic future
engineers create wacky , outlandish devices that do
a simple action ..out at WCTC , in Waukesha.
![]() |
| An Illinois team in mid-wackiness |
If you haven't heard of Rube Goldberg , don't
worry , no one has --'cept us Geeks ....
I recently hit a minor Milestone with in my
Geo-caching hobby (now at 876 finds ,by the way )
with my First FTF -'first to find' of a newly set out cache
that I had to get to by way of Snowshoe out in the
Pewaukee area . These are usually jumped on right away
by the many eager-beaver cachers out there who get
them within hours ( if not minutes )of being made
accessible to the geo-caching public ...and I was fortunate
that a big snowstorm hit the same day for this one AND
I was going near the area for a job !
![]() |
| my big find |
Named 'Well Walker' this cache is part of a future Zombie-
theme-based string of caches in this marshy park area and
this was actually the BEST time of year to get this one
unless you fall thru the ice !
Yep ....this activity/hobby is not for the faint of heart ...
here's the link to the cache website , if interested..
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx .. search for 'well walker '
So ...until next time ...
| WATCH OUT for those Snow-cats !! |




No comments:
Post a Comment