
A couple of nice weekends just
passed with friends and family
as we forge ahead into spring...
wet though it may be...
Most people might not think of a
weekend in the Dells in mid-april as
their first choice for a 3-day get-away,
but I gotta tell you....with the right company
and a little luck with the weather, it can turn
out Mighty fine ! Lois & Al had us join them in
their time-share at Christmas Mountain for a
sublime mix of Adventure ,Great eats &
relaxation....Here's a few pics , with more in the Pics link on the right if you need more proof....
Finally got in some Golf and some more biking , too...BUT now will take it a little Easy
for a while.....as most all of you know by now , I'm going in for elective surgery to
hopefully get a bit more control over that 'monkey on my shoulder' that i've lived with for 11 years now --Cervical Dystonia ; that neck/shoulder muscle-pulling neurological disorder
that I and about 1/2 million americans suffer from. Botox injections helped me for about 9 years
...but no more--I'm now immune to the Botulism bacteria ( and probably would survive an outbreak of the Bubonic Plague -which is a positive,I guess) .
As I get older , it's getting harder to live with...
So now i move on to a new solution.There are a variety of solutions , actually :
- medications .....tried them before botox ---don't work.
-Denervation surgery..a Temporary solution at best.
Which leaves me with DBS..Deep Brain Stimulation..which my doctors judge me a good candidate
for success in having done.
Tomorrow, Monday the 27th, I will have the first of 2 brain -electrode emplacements ,and later a battery-pack placed under the skin...
kind of like a heart pacemaker. Here's a link to my doctor explaining ...http://www.froedtert.com/SpecialtyAreas/RestorativeNeurosciencesProgram/Highlights/DVDVideos/DrKopellInterview.htm?HasFlash=true with other links for any of you so inclined to know more...
So wish me luck ...thanks for all your thoughts and prayers...and see you guys back here later !!


So proud of you dad :-) love kelley
ReplyDelete